1. Treat yourself to Starbucks. We all need an opportunity to relax and just enjoy a cup of Joe.
2. Get a manicure or a pedicure. If you are a man, you can try this as well. Heck, it is called a “man – icure.” LOL
3. Remember that no one is perfect. Even the best parents have a bad day, week, or year.
4. Go to bed early. It is o.k. to check out and get the rest that you so rightly deserve.
5. Give yourself permission to not like your child today. We often feel like we always should like our kids. But guess what, sometimes they don’t like us. It is o.k. They might be making choices that don’t make you proud. This situation doesn’t mean that you are not a good parent. It simply means your child made a bad choice.
6. Veg out. There are a ton of great examples of bad parenting on t.v. Just
watch Good Luck Charlie or Married with Children. You’ll feel better about your parenting in a heartbeat.
7. Go on Facebook and ask if anyone else has ever experienced your parenting situation. Most likely a ton of other people will quickly respond yes. You don’t even need to go into specifics. People will be there to cheer you up in a heartbeat.